Our research team has had a successful time applying for external opportunities for this summer; keeping track of them all is a full time job.
- Tracy Paltoo will continue her paid position as a Civil Engineering Intern for New York City Transit.
- Tanner Grogan will be heading to an REU program at UCLA in atomic physics.
- Tara Pena will be heading to Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Fernanda Murillo will be heading to an REU at Lehigh University to do bio-physics (Hey Fernanda, that’s where I did my REU)
- James St. John will be doing his REU at the University of Alabama in Electrical Engineering
- Lani Chau will be a research associate at Warsaw University in Poland doing a study with nanostructured materials for sensing applications with Adelphi Chemistry professor Justyna Widera-Kalinowska. (http://www.adelphi.edu/faculty/profiles/profile.php?PID=0346)
- Natasha Mohan will be doing an internship at Sloan Kettering in Medical Physics in New York City
- Kidan Tadesse and Kristen Oldja will be hanging around the lab at Adelphi laser cooling atoms and such.
(Note: the picture on this website was taken from a google search of the book “Oh the Places you can go…”, please contact me for the specific site if you are interested. )